Re: [aspectj-users] using @declaredParents for annotations

I need all classes with some annotation to implement an interface

my aspect code

	@DeclareParents(value="gov.hhs.acf.aop.aspects.WorkflowAware",
            defaultImpl=DefaultWorkflowMetaData.class)
    public static WorkflowMetaData workflowMetaData1;

here gov.hhs.acf.aop.aspects.WorkflowAware  is an annotation.

here the definitaion of annotation

@Target(ElementType.TYPE)
@Retention(RetentionPolicy.RUNTIME)
public @interface WorkflowAware {

}

next I added this annotation  to a class

@WorkflowAware
public class AuditProgReviewDTO

  i am assuming this make   AuditProgReviewDTO  implement   WorkflowMetaData
, but this is not happening and here the output from aspectj:compile

[WARNING] annotation type gov.hhs.acf.aop.aspects.WorkflowAware matches a
declare parents type pattern but is being ignored
[Xlint:annotationAsTargetForDecpIgnored]

please tell me how  to use an annotation as a jointpoint