[aspectj-users] Introducing JDT Weaving

Hi all,

We would like to introduce the latest developments for AJDT.  We will
be release some exciting new features including Java searches that
include Aspects elements, ITD aware content assist and type
hierarchies.

We are asking the AspectJ and AJDT community to please try this new
version out and report any bugs on this list or on bugzilla.  The
update site is here:
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ajdt/34/dev/weaving

This is a pre-release of AJDT 1.6.2 and therefore requires Eclipse
3.4.x.  AJDT 1.6.2 will be release towards the end of this month.

In order to implement this we were left with no choice but to apply
AspectJ to the Eclipse framework itself.  We created the JDT Weaving
plugin that uses uses Equinox Aspects [1] to do the cross-plugin
weaving.

For more information on how to use and install see the Eclipse Wiki:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/JDT_weaving_features

As always we appreciate all feedback from the community.

sincerely,
The AJDT team

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/equinox/incubator/aspects/index.php

Back to the top