[aspectj-users] wormhole pattern for benchmarking

Hi,
I want to use the wormhole pattern to make some benchmarks of cflow using dacapo..

I don't know if there is a generic wormhole that could be applied to any benchmark, in order to stress the execution of cflow.

I was thinking something similar to this one, i.e. to capture the wormhole between the execution of the benchmark with the output produced..

aspect Cflow {

    pointcut output() : call(* *.println(..));

    pointcut main() : execution(* *.main(..));

    pointcut wormhole() : cflow(main()) && output() && !within(Cflow);

    before() : wormhole() {
JoinPoint jp = thisJoinPoint; // just do nothing to measure the cost of dynamic joinpoint
    }
}

The problem is that, each bench produces different output.. so it's not a fair comparison. (also println is probably not used to produce the output..)

  Second, it does not consider thread execution.

  Any ideas of a generic wormhole to stress cflow?

Thanks,

Alex

Back to the top