Re: [aspectj-users] How to determine whether a nested class constructor is being called

Thanks for the reply Eric.

I would agree that the behaviour does not seem to make sense, can anyone confirm our suspicion as to whether this really is a bug?

Thank you

Piers

Eric Bodden wrote:
I think that the current behavior does not make much sense. Usually,
the additional parameter holds the outer instance of the inner class.
It should never be null, and I am not sure why null ends up being
bound in the aspect in your case. I think that's a bug.

Either AspectJ should correctly bind the outer instance, or it should
not expose this implicit argument at all (which is probably what one
actually wants).

Just my two cents,
Eric