Re: [aspectj-users] problem with iajc

On Friday 14 November 2008 11:41:12 Andy Clement wrote:
> Eclipse will do incremental builds for you.  Ant will not normally do
> incremental builds unless you ask.  In order to do an optimized incremental
> build we must maintain knowledge of what aspects are defined and how they
> are effecting the types - in order for that state to be long lived, the Ant
> process is long lived and you interact with it by pressing 'r' to cause
> incremental builds whenever you need one.  If you click into the console
> view I believe you can pass an 'r' keypress to Ant - although I've never
> tried it as I never use incremental Ant mode - do you really need it when
> you have Eclipse doing incremental builds for you?

Ok, I understand now. I don't need it really, but since I use ant to deploy
and recompile my projects, I usually compile projects with ant within eclipse
in order to check if the build script fails or not (can be used to
deploy/install). This is why I'd like more to keep incremental build, but
since I got it's not really possible I will use the eclipse builder.

Thanks,
Luca

Back to the top