[aspectj-users] AspectJ early problem indication (Report errors as you type) not working

Hi

I am having problems trying to get the AspectJ editor in eclipse to highlight problems as I type. Problems in ".java" files are highlighted as I type but not in any ".aj" files. According to the following page (what's new for AspectJ 1.2)

http://www.eclipse.org/ajdt/whatsnew120M3/

"AspectJ editor can now make use of an AspectJ eager parser to highlight syntax problems as you type"

I have tried the following combinations yet any problems only become highlighted after an aspect file is saved.

AJDT 1.6 with Eclipse Ganymede EE 3.4.1
AJDT 1.6 with Eclipse Ganymede Java 3.4.1 and
AJDT 1.5 with Eclipse Europa Java 3.3.2

I'm pretty sure that this isn't the correct behaviour of the Aspect editor since I can see the problem highlighting working in the following demo.

http://www.eclipse.org/ajdt/demos/HelloWorldAspectJ.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Piers