[aspectj-users] ITDs and generic types

I'm seeing some new weirdness with ITDs that mixin generic methods and I wanted to see if anybody could give me a clearer understanding of what's going on. The issue is: I have a bunch of marker interfaces which I use to piece together the actions available on an object in a webapp (Create, Update, Delete, etc). Thanks to Andy's recent bug fixes, this is working pretty well and using JSF components that recognize these marker interfaces and generate a lot of the HTML / Action Invocations for me it might make my life a lot easier. The problem is I'm also using the JBoss Seam framework which has some strong ties to the Hibernate Validator framework. To make a long story short, when certain methods are invoked on my actions, Seam insists on using the Hibernate Validator to validate the entire class, the Hibernate Validator tries to do a runtime resolution of type parameters, and the whole thing dies with an NPE. Now, I know that there are still issue with how types are written out in woven class files which has caused the inconsistent class file error up until recently, so my question is... is that the same issue I'm seeing here as well? Is AspectJ writing a Type value that is unresolvable at runtime via reflection? Or am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks.

Back to the top