RE: [aspectj-users] question on ajlib:

I committed the changes to ajlib-incubator to fix these bugs and add a couple of tests for the class, which clearly needed them.

From: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Owen Corpening
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2008 9:02 PM
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aspectj-users] question on ajlib:

Ah, I had removed the pertypewithin(Traced) as part of my detective work ... however adding it back with the + as you said still does not give me weaveinfo showing:

Join point 'constructor-execution(void com.AjlibTest.DummyObject.<init>())' in Type 'com.AjlibTest.DummyObject' (DummyObject.java:2) advised by before advice from 'com.AjlibTest.TestTraceAspect' (Log4jExecutionTracing.aj:17)

And the println I put inside the before advice in Log4jExecutionTracing.aj is still not printing. Nevertheless this is defintely more progress than I made so far ...

All I have found is that removing pertypewithin(Traced+) and "staticinitialization(*) &&" causes me to get weaveinfo messages such as the above.

I am getting logging from the ExecutionTracing class, just the "tracer = new Log4jTracer(name);" is not getting executed, the tracer is still the printststream.

Thanks!!

owen