From: Andy Clement <andrew.clement@xxxxxxxxx>
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 12:44:55 PM
Subject: Re: [aspectj-users] question on ajlib:

Hi Owen,

Does compiling with -showWeaveInfo show whether your declare parents is or is not working?

Andy.

2008/10/15 Owen Corpening <owencorpening@xxxxxxxxx>
Probably a syntactical error, the before() in Log4jExecutionTracing never gets executed, I bet my "declare parents" isn't right, first time I ever came across that, I guess I haven't been keeping up with aj1.5:

package com.AjlibTest;
import org.codehaus.ajlib.util.tracing.Log4jExecutionTracing;
public aspect TestTraceAspect extends Log4jExecutionTracing {
    declare parents: com.AjlibTest.DummyObject implements Traced;
}

my package looks like this:
./com/AjlibTest/DummyObject.java
./com/AjlibTest/HelloWorld.java