Re: [aspectj-users] aspectj tutorial feedback

Hi Leonardo,
in my opinion, thisJoinPoint and around advices (so also proceed()) are
the best power/simplicity compromise.

Around advices are relatively easy to explain : whenever you subclass
and override a method you are creating  a kind of "around advice", when
you are calling super.method() you are basically calling proceed(). It
is not reality (don't flame on me), but its just to say that around
advice are relatively easy to understand cause are close to a concept
every java developer is used to.

thisJoinPoint is just an API, so no special AOP stuff to understand ...
but as a recent thread has demonstrated, using it properly can save a
lot of time and effort on many situations.

Combined together, even with basic pointcuts, it's enough to do a lot of
nice stuff.

You could also want to see, and comment if you think so, the beta
program for the java black belt exam on AspectJ :
http://www.javablackbelt.com/forum/posts/list/112.page and
http://www.javablackbelt.com/DocumentView.wwa?page=ExamAspectJ. There,
Andrew and I tried to summarize basic AspectJ concepts and organize them
in progressive steps.

Simone