Re: [aspectj-users] strictfp - what does that mean?

Mahlzeit ;)

Tobias Demuth wrote:
> I'm trying to understand the meaning of the keyword "strictfp". I have
> found in the documentation the description that "strictfp" makes
> floating point operations "fp-strict", but I don't know what that's
> supposed to mean ... I am not a native speaker (as you may have guessed
> already ;)), so maybe I'm just missing something obvious, but I guess
> an example would help me to understand. Can anyone provide one?

strictfp is not special to AspectJ, it's a regular Java keyword. Here is
an easy explanation:
http://java.sun.com/developer/JDCTechTips/2001/tt0410.html#using

Essentially it gives you the choice between platform-specific and
consistent behaviour when using floats and doubles. For more in-depth
details about floating point arithmetics you can have a look at the
following "standard" article:

hope this helps
Holger

Back to the top