Re: [aspectj-users] debugging without stopping server

Are you saying that you want to use AspectJ to monitor an application
and notify you when there is a failure?  You cannot use AspectJ to
debug your application.  You can, however, use AspectJ to help gather
state about your application at the time of the failure.

There is a first failure data capture (FFDC) pattern that you can use.
http://blog.springsource.com/main/2008/01/07/capturing-failures-and-system-state-part-i/

As for adding aspects to an already running system on a server
(without stopping it), that might be difficult depending on the kind
of server that you are running.  OSGi based servers are built to allow
this kind of thing to happen.