Re: [aspectj-users] Advice on Constructors With Subclasses

What about this :

public aspect CheckingWithSimplestAspectJEver {

    pointcut constructor(A inst) : execution(A+.new(..)) && this(inst);

    after(A inst) : constructor(inst) {
        if
(inst.getClass().equals(thisJoinPointStaticPart.getSourceLocation().getWithinType()))

           System.out.println("I am stupid in " +
inst.getClass().getSimpleName());
    }
}

It works also with classes that instantiate another subclass of A inside
their constructors, for example delegate classes :

public class Delegate extends B {

    private C another;

    public Delegate() {
        this.another = new C();
        System.out.println("Doing stuff in delegate");
    }

}

new Delegate()

I'm in A
I'm in B
I'm in A
I'm in B
I'm in C
I am stupid in C
Doing stuff in delegate
I am stupid in Delegate

I think we can happily close the enhancement request, and focus more on
what the AspectJ API offers :)

Simone

--
Simone Gianni