[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [aspectj-users] Regression from 1.5: can't find type error in AspectJ 1.6
- From: "Kevin Hoffman" <kevinjohnhoffman@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 15:23:06 -0500
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=HAPJSg08WuuKC0VkI/yPbrgFDUMfCyHdtNF8IkUj76Y=; b=PPDWueGj6SVzfFtjs3p5iuyCGyuoKXRmnlWhYcNbyBK2nNJ0jhyCW0RyjQJjmrj+5T rwvuC0tGfFnkOYe9gAFiEpkVg62IF5tR1+FBgPTnuRxMCsGbRg6mhpdR6a2bT1F+Jj5A hjfx9aNbdV/veBnBSX07lWZm2hEFeyL+mjUuI=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references; b=N5o2+PgWIDu51fhmlzgR9HDKW5AzqBWbDIFQ2IRd0k6HfOzzQeddmLdGMGkS8xqv5Y H4ljIsBVAzfsOpQKXhM6BxaIi81Mao4LQGADcdDrx6N5pdXuUdycZ9EuCa81mDu3NAWk aEJh44f2g0VKO8MIMLZ6dTTn++hjge+TrExCg=
I tried with the latest development version (version string is Wed Aug
27 2008 at 1:27:57 GMT) with the same results.
Here are the new corefiles.
I'll email you a direct link to the zip that allows you to easily
reproduce. Is there indication which method is becoming too large? Let
me know what else I can do to help.
On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 11:37 AM, Andy Clement <andrew.clement@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
> I have raised:
> to look at this.
> The exception is thrown because the method becomes too large during weaving
> and cannot fit into the max method code size when we come to pack it up and
> write it to disk. Why is it bigger than previously? I'm thinking right now
> that it is this:
> which I only fixed a week ago. That fix is in the latest dev builds of
> AspectJ (as we get ready for AspectJ 1.6.2) - can you please try it out? The
> dev builds are available at the top of the download page.
> It is possible that weaving can cause a method to become too large - and we
> currently do not have a solution to that (we have open bugs relating to it),
> but if it previously didn't get too big, there is no reason why it should
> now be too big. If you try it out with a dev build and it still fails, I'll
> probably ask you for the extra materials to recreate it. If nothing else
> I'll certainly change the exception message from 'Argh!' ;)
> 2008/8/25 Kevin Hoffman <kevinjohnhoffman@xxxxxxxxx>
>> I'm using the aj5 script to perform dynamic weaving on Xalan for Java.
>> Things were working fine when we were using AspectJ 1.5. Recently I
>> upgraded to version 1.6.1 and recompiled my aspects using the newer
>> compiler. The runtime weaving / aspects still work most of the time,
>> but I have encountered an important case where AspectJ core-dumps with
>> ajcore files when trying to dynamically weave a certain class:
>> Aug 25, 2008 6:20:52 PM org.aspectj.weaver.tools.Jdk14Trace error
>> SEVERE: org/apache/xalan/xslt/Process
>> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Argh!
>> Process is a class that has a main method. (I'm able to weave other
>> classes not from Xalan that have main methods just fine.) I have tried
>> compiling Xalan with Java 1.4 or 1.5 but it doesn't affect the result.
>> I haven't tried compiling with 1.6.
>> I still have the JAR of my aspects that were compiled with AspectJ
>> 1.5. Using the JAR of aspects compiled with AspectJ 1.5 with the
>> AspectJ 1.6 runtime weaver produces the same error. Using the AspectJ
>> 1.5 runtime weaver with the aspects compiled with AspectJ 1.5 still
>> works fine. (and using the AspectJ 1.5 runtime with the aspects
>> compiled with AspectJ 1.6 isn't possible...)
>> Here are links to the ajcore files (two ajcore files generated per
>> attempt at weaving the class):
>> The Java class file that it is having trouble weaving is also available:
>> I can provide information to download the full package with JARs and
>> scripts to reproduce off-list. Let me know what else I can gather to
>> help get this issue fixed.
>> aspectj-users mailing list
> aspectj-users mailing list