Re: [aspectj-users] Only weaving certain source dirs

Hi Joel,

I'm afraid you cannot do that.  If your aspects are using !within()
pointcuts to correctly exclude code they do not want to weave, the
weaving process for code that does not match should be very quick.
Given that the AspectJ compiler is the eclipse compiler at its heart,
if there is no weaving of a file then performance should be comparable
between AspectJ and Eclipse compilation.

I would rather look to fix performance of project building as a whole
than allow source code to be split up.  Are you finding it is full
compilation that is slow? Or incremental compilation?  I don't have
any open issues for the speed of compilation, so perhaps you should
open one and describe the scenario if you can.  Collect timing output
from the AJDT Event Trace view and include it too, that may be
helpful.

cheers,
Andy.