Re: [aspectj-users] Calling proceed in a method

Hi Ashley,

ProceedingJoinPoint was only designed for use with annotation style
advice, to allow the calling of proceed() in a legal java program.  I
have no test programs that do what you are attempting, so I don't know
if it'll work or not, but my feeling is that it will not.  Probably if
it is going to work at all you will need to use annotation style
around advice as that triggers different weaver paths that may set of
the ProceedingJoinPoint correctly before you pass it around.

Unfortunately the signature for proceed() on a ProceedingJoinPoint is
effectively Object... - so if you have problems setting up the
parameters for the proceed it will likely manifest as a runtime error
rather than compile time error.

If you think you have a suitable use case and it isn't working, please
raise a bug for us to discuss/consider what we can do.

Andy.