[aspectj-users] Re: [ajdt-dev] The future of AJDT---weaving into JDT?

Sure.  The intention is to get this working for AJDT and then figure
out a way to generify it so that others can do the same or similar
approach.

Other than controlling the creation of compilation units, do you see
any other specific points in JDT that may require aspects to gain
control of?  We are also looking into the parser for the same thing.

ps- please send all followup replies to ajdt-dev alone because this
thread is no longer relevant to the aspectj lists.

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 3:12 PM, Miles Sabin <miles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 7:22 PM, Andrew Eisenberg <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I have just posted two enhancement requests to bugzilla about
>> potential ways to get better integration of AJDT with JDT through the
>> use weaving into JDT.  Yes, eating your own dog food is a good thing,
>> we hope.  I am posting to all these groups because it may be of
>> interest to you and also you may have some good ideas on how to
>> proceed.
>
> Using weaving to extend the JDT seems like a reasonable approach if
> you aren't able to persuade the JDT team to do it directly.
>
> Can I put in a plea that you do it in a way that is accessible to
> other Java language extensions and Java-compatible languages (my
> interest here is Scala)? Weaving as an implementation strategy for a
> compilation unit provider interface that's accessible via plain Java
> would probably have fairly broad appeal.
>
> Cheers,
>

> Miles
>
> --
> Miles Sabin