[aspectj-users] Adding fields to a Class

Hi all,

I want to add a ThreadLocal field to all the classes that contain the
run method using aspects. Currently, I have the following aspect code
that gives me a list of all classes that have the run method.

public aspect AddTaintVarToThread {
       pointcut startThreads(): execution(void *.run());

       before(Object o) : startThreads() && target(o){
       System.out.println("Hurray! Thread advice works!" +
o.getClass().getName());
       }
}

Once I get the class name, can I add a field to the class inside a
method call in aspectj? Or more specifically, can I perform a
inter-type declaration inside the advice? If I can't do it this way,
are there better ways? I tried googling list archives but found
nothing. Any pointers will prove helpful.

TIA,
-S-

Back to the top