[aspectj-users] Aspects and packages

Hi,
I am using eclipse right now to do my aspectj coding, and I can't seem
to create a concrete aspect in package x from an abstract aspect in
package y. I always get the error:
 "inherited abstract pointcut bar.PrintAround.method() is not made
concrete in foo.PrintAroundFoo"

Here is a small example that exhibits this issue:

package bar;

public abstract aspect PrintAround {

	abstract pointcut method();

	Object around(): method() {
		System.out.println("-before-");
		Object r = proceed();
		System.out.println("-after-");
		return r;
	}

}
//---------------------------------------------------

package foo;

public class Foo {
		System.out.println("foo!");
	}
}
//---------------------------------------------------

package foo;

import bar.PrintAround;

public aspect PrintAroundFoo extends PrintAround {

	pointcut method() : call (void Main(String[]));

}

I worked around this issue before, but right now I'm trying to create
a library of aspects, and it's a pain that I have to make the aspects
always be part of the application namespace.

Thanks,
~David

Back to the top