Re: [aspectj-users] StackOverflow error

2008/7/3 Jack Jill <jacknjill111@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Question:
> While looking at the output I see the following line:
>
> [AppClassLoader@df6ccd] debug weaving 'com.xxxx.aop.util.RunMultipleAspect'
>
> In my aop.xml, I did put an exclude for RunMultipleAspect:
>
>     <weaver options="-verbose -showWeaveInfo -debug">
>     <!-- <weaver> -->
>         <include within="com.xxxx.aop.util..*" />
>         <exclude within="com.xxxx.aop.util.RunMultipleAspect" />
>     </weaver>
>
> So why does aspectjweaver try to weave RunMultipleAspect? Is it because I am
> telling the weaver to include all files in the "com.xxxx.aop.util" package.

Good question.  The reason is that RunMultipleAspect is an annotation
style aspect.  We cannot guarantee that annotation style aspects have
been compiled with ajc - someone may have used javac to compile them.
Because of this we need to ensure they have the aspectOf() and
hasAspect() methods put into them (ajc would have done it, but javac
would not).  That message indicates the aspect is being woven *but* it
is only going to get the aspectOf() and hasAspect() methods added (or
at least that is all that *should* happen).

I think that message could be improved to indicate this...

Andy.

Back to the top