[aspectj-users] Slow if()

Hi!

I have a problem with my around advice. The advice itself is really slow because it does all kind of reflection stuff and needs access to this (the current aspected instance). However, it should only run about 1% of the time and that depends on the return value of a getter on this. Now my question is: how do I tell AspectJ to only run the advice and do all kinds of time consuming stuff if the value from the getter is not null?

I tried a pointcut with "... && this(entity) && if()" whereby the method body returns "entity.getParent() != null" but this doesn't help, probably because the ProceedingJoinPoint is created for the @Pointcut method as well.

Any help would  be greatly appreciated.
--
Marijn
---