[aspectj-users] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

Hello,

I have been grappling with an issue for a couple weeks now. No information in the documentation, on the web via google, seems to point me in the right direction. I looked through the aspectj database, and nothing there to help either.

I put together a simple hello world application to diagnose an issue I see when using aspectj in a larger scale application. Here is my question...

Why, when I specifically tell aspectj not to weave log4j, does it try to? (assuming the stack trace below hints this, because the standalone application works properly).

Or, is there a bug in the aspectj agent that would cause this?

Or, is there a bug in aspectj with respect to static initializer blocks?

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
 at org.apache.log4j.spi.RootLogger.<init>(RootLogger.java:46)
 at org.apache.log4j.LogManager.<clinit>(LogManager.java:80)
 at org.apache.log4j.Logger.getLogger(Logger.java:118)
 at com.verisign.common.properties.PropertyManager.<clinit>(PropertyManager.java:47)
 at com.verisign.jtaps.test.Test.calc(Test.java:19)
 at com.verisign.jtaps.test.Test.main(Test.java:29)
Thanks

Bob

Back to the top