Re: [aspectj-users] Equinox Aspects 1.1 and dependencies

The IBM VM supports class sharing, see Ben Corrie's article:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-ibmjava4/

and the package com.ibm.oti.shared contains some of the helper API
definitions for use by classloaders wishing to participate in class
sharing.

I believe Equinox Aspects can exploit it by weaving on first startup
then loading the cached version on subsequent startups.  But I am no
expert on that.  Sounds like you did the right thing making it
optional since you are not on the IBM VM.

Andy.