From: "Andy Clement" <andrew.clement@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 11, 2008 8:55 PM
To: <aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [aspectj-users] Generic aspects

Hi Mark,

The docs only say (
http://www.eclipse.org/aspectj/doc/released/adk15notebook/generics-inAspectJ5.html
):

AspectJ 5 allows an abstract aspect to be declared as a generic type. Any concrete aspect extending a generic abstract aspect must extend a parameterized version of the abstract aspect.

That page of the doc also shows some examples of a hierarchy of
abstract generic aspects, although none of them alter the bounds in
the way your example does.  So the fact that your code won't compile
is a bug that needs fixing.

cheers,
Andy.