[aspectj-users] Generic aspects

Hello,

First of all, I know this is not possible, as it says on the manual page.. but I was wondering why..
In plain Java you can redefine the upperbound of a type parameter, i.e.:

class AbstractComponent<C extends Component> {}
class AbstractWindow<W extends Window> extends AbstractComponent<W> {}

Now.. trying the same thing with aspects.. does not work:

abstract aspect AbstractComponentA<C extends Component> {}
abstract aspect AbstractWindowA<W extends Window> extends AbstractComponentA<W> {}

So.. my question, why isn't this supported? And what would be the "best" workaround?

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Back to the top