Re: [aspectj-users] java.lang.VerifyError: stack shape inconsistent

I commented out a bunch of code trying to refactor the code that was causing the issue before.  I now was able to get the same error to happen on another class.  This is more information at least... it does not seem to be isolated to one type.  It does seem to be an issue related to inheritance... the errors come from the abstract class being extended.  I got rid of the previous errors by temporarily collapsing the abstract class into the concrete impl, and the problem went away there.  Now I'm getting the problem on another abstract class... ????

It does seem to me that the aspect I'm using, which has been working fine in production for almost 2 years, seems to not be creating valid joinpoints anymore.  I wouldn't think so, but is it possible that the move to aspectj 1.5.4 changed the semantics of basic pointcuts and advice??  I wouldn't think so....

I'm still looking at things closer.