Re: [aspectj-users] Around Advice Generic

Your "methods" pointcut is missing the return type for the method and you should have 2 periods for the method argument list:

pointcut methods (): execution (public * A.* (..));

Actually, AspectJ might infer the return type. I always put it in the definition. The 2 periods is important! 3 periods should give a compilation error.

Also, make sure that "A" is visible without the fully-qualified package name, etc. I don't believe that AspectJ will flag an error if no "A" is visible, but you will get a warning that no join points were advised.