Re: [aspectj-users] Weaving aspect into signed jar file?

Hi Breaks,
you can waeave a signed jar, the problem is that either you remove the
signature from it and make it an unsigned jar, or the signature in it
will not be valid when the jar is changed. Another way could be to weave
it at load time, in this case the signature of the jar will still be
valid because the file itself is not changed, instead classes are weaved
once loaded in the system, so at least the jar validation phase should pass.

I used AspectJ to hook inside a jar file which was not signed, but was
checked for changes (with SHA1) cause was subject to automatic updates,
and weaving at load time solved for me, probably it could work also with
signed jars.

Simone

breaks wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to weave an aspect into a signed jar using the IAJC command
>  in
> an Ant Target.
> I put the jarfile on the inpath and the create a new jar,
> myjarwithaspects.jar.
>
> The class is updated in the new jar file, however because the original
>  is a
> signed jar, the new jar can't be used.
>
> My question is, is it possible to weave a an aspect into a signed jar,
> anyway to get around this.
>
> Thanks a million

Back to the top