[aspectj-users] As aspect to update a middle of a method body

Hi,
I wasn't sure about this so I just wanted to check it out.
I know it is possible for an aspect to update the beginning of method, end
of the method and before and after anytime it is called. I was wondering is
it possible for an aspect to update the middle of a method?

Suppose Joe Bloggs has written a crazy method with 100 lines of code.
I need to update around lines 50?

I presume this can't be done.

Thanks