[aspectj-users] Weaving aspects into libraries

Hi.

I am bloody beginner in aspect-oriented programming and started to use it today.

Now I have a concern, wondering if this is possible and if it is worth to spend more time in AspectJ.

I am using a third party library which is creating dialogs based on a Frame I initialize this library with, so my Frame is the parent of all dialogs which are popping up. Via the Frame I can then access the dialogs and handle them like I want to. Now I do not want to have the dialogs displayed and was thinking about implementing an aspect which prevents my third party library from calling setVisible() on the dialogs.

Is it possible to weave aspects into code of other libraries? How is it possible?

Thanks for anyone reading and thinking about it.

Matthias.

Back to the top