[aspectj-users] Eclipse source code attachment for Aspect classes

aspectj-users,

Normally in the Eclipse IDE I can attach a source jar (or zip) to a jar on
the build path. This ensures that when double clicking a class in the jar
(or opening a type found in the jar), source code is visible. It also allows
breakpoints to be set at specific source code lines easily for debugging.

When I have Aspects that are part of my AJDT project source, I can add break
points and debug. However I can't do the same when the Aspect is bundled
inside a jar which is on the build path as I can do with regular Java files.

Do I have a misconfigured Eclipse IDE or is this currently a limitation of
the tool?

Regards,

Jeff

Back to the top