Re: [aspectj-users] LTW javax package & dyanmic class loading

On the second question:
> The other question relates to a custom classloader. Again, searching the
> internet gave me useful insight, but not precisely what I was looking for,
> neither are there many examples. What I would like todo is associate certain
> aspects with certain classes -- at runtime. Formulated as a solution:
>
> A custom weave classloader which loads the target class and weaves my
> defined aspects.
>
> I haven't made much progress with this problem. Mostly because the Javadocs
> are useless. The best I got was creating a new WeavingURLClassLoader, but I
> couldn't get it to work with my arguments.. I must be doing something wrong
> in the formatting. Thereby, I would rather have to give it a path to an
> aop.xml, as to be able to declare aspects in a separate file.

This has been done - dynamically creating the aspects that will be
woven at runtime.  I don't recall specifics unfortunately.  I think
initially it was done by writing out aop.xml's then using those.
Subsequently it was changed to supply a custom weaving context
(implementing IWeavingContext).

Andy.