[aspectj-users] Adding AOP to a third party applet

Hi,

I would like to introduce a pointcut into a third party applet using aspectj. For example, I have the archive thirdparty.jar which contains the applet: someone.elses.TheirApplet

And I have my own pointcut defined in InjectStuff.aj which should execute after the constructor of someone.elses.TheirApplet. How should I package or call this so that my aspect is executed? Can I weave the aspect in to existing compiled code, without having the source?

(The FAQ has an answer for how to use AOP in Applets, but it assumes that you compiled both the applet and the aspect. In my case, I've only compiled the aspect).

Any ideas?

Back to the top