Re: [aspectj-users] getting started with 1.5.1

Hi Andy - thanks for the reply.

It turned out I just needed to add the PDE plugin - which
I discovered when I tried to update the installation.

-- Ken

Andy Clement wrote:
I just downloaded 3.3.2 (not europa tho, I have to admit, I grabbed
eclipse-SDK-3.3.2-win32) and then unzipped
ajdt_1.5.1_for_eclipse_3.3.zip into it (at the eclipse folder level).
On startup it worked OK, I could define one of the AspectJ examples.

I did get a complaint about the compiler not supporting Java 6
compliance level, but that is because AJDT1.5.1 was not based on
AspectJ6.  To fix that I switched the workspace to Java5 compliance.

In my plugins directory I see:

org.eclipse.ajdt.source_1.5.1.200801111942

do you have that?

It does look like that page is missing some text, doesnt it...

Help->Software Update -> Find and install

Select 'search for new features to install'

Click 'new remote site'

Enter 'AJDT' and 'http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ajdt/33/update'
then click OK, then Finish then follow the prompts.  If it doesn't
find anything, that will be because you already have the latest
release version installed.  You could delete that (erase plugins that
came in from the zip) or change to the dev update site to pick up the
latest (which will include the AspectJ6 compiler).  Dev update site is
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ajdt/33/dev/update

Andy.