Re :[aspectj-users] aspect on a java API class

Hi Laurent ,

I tried a "without annotation" approach for load time weaving and i could execute an advice code for the joinpoint you mentioned. Can you please try out using simple aj command or you want to use the annotation? I mean I don't think it's the problem due to annotation, but still want to know.

Thanks,
Kunal.

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 17:59:18 +0100 aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote

Hi all,

I am (still) trying to put a joinpoint on a java API class : java.math.BigDecimal

I try to do it with load time weaving LTW (with a JavaAgent)

My aspect is like this :

@Aspect

public class AppAspect {

    @After("execution(* java.math.BigDecimal.valueOf(..))")

                        public void afterBigDecimal(JoinPoint jp) {

                                System.out.println("grouik BigDecimal");

    }

}

And, because I know it is normally not authorized to do it,

I bypass the loading of the BigDecimal of the rt.jar, by bootloading an extracted java.math.BigDecimal.

I do it by adding in the JVM parameters -Xbootclasspath/p:"D:... arget est-classes emp"

where ... emp contains javamathBigDecimal.class

But when I execute this, the advise is not executed...

Is the bypass a good solution ? If yes, why does it not working ? If no, is there another way ?

Thanks in advance.

Laurent Delaforge

Attention:
L'integrite de ce message n'etant pas assuree sur Internet, les societes du groupe ODDO ne peuvent etre tenues responsables de son contenu. Ce message et les eventuels fichiers attaches contiennent des informations confidentielles. Au cas ou il ne vous serait pas destine, nous vous remercions de bien vouloir le supprimer et en aviser l'expediteur.
This message and the files that may be attached to it contain confidential information. The ODDO group may not be held responsible for their contents, whose accuracy and completeness cannot be guaranteed over the internet. If the message is not addressed to you, kindly delete it and notify the sender.

Back to the top