From: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sriram Gopal
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2008 10:53 PM
To: hermod@xxxxxxxxxxxx; aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: SV: [aspectj-users] Load Time Weaving of dynamic proxies

public aspect ProxyAspect {
	before: execution(* java.lang.reflect.Proxy+.*(..)){
		System.out.println("Before executing method in proxy");
	}
}

(Also tried different variations like specifying the name of generated
Proxy class explicitly, specifying InvocationHandler+ etc. instead of
java.lang.reflect.Proxy+ )

I tried a couple of approaches for doing the LTW.

Approach 1:
1. Created a jar containing the compilation of the aspect files. 2. Set that in the ASPECTPATH env. variable and executed the application

Approach 2:
1. Created the aop.xml as below:
	<aspectj>
	<aspects>
	<aspect name="ProxyAspect"/>
	</aspects>
	</aspectj>
    and set its path in the classpath variable
2. Executed the compiled files using "aj" with the -javaagent option.

However, both these approaches failed to work.