Re: [aspectj-users] wildcards in type signature of call to interface method

Hi,

The same thing works fine on AspectJ 1.5.4.

On Jan 3, 2008 12:58 PM, janbols <jan.bols@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I would like to match a call to a method defined in an interface.
        IFoo foo = new Foo();
        foo.myMethod();
When specifying the fully qualified name everything works fine:
        pointcut test(): call(public * bar.IFoo.myMethod() ); //mathes
However the following pointcut definitions doesn't work:
        pointcut test(): call(public * *..IFoo.myMethod() ); //doesn't match
Why is that? Can't I use wildcards for the type signature interfaces? Specifying an execution in my pointcut instead of a call does work though:
        pointcut test(): execution(public * *..IFoo.myMethod() ); //mathes
What's wrong here? I'm using JDK1.4 and aspectJ 1.5.1