Re: [aspectj-users] Creating a crosscut using ClassLoader.Loadclass using AspectJ

>> To do so, I planned to use a crosscut on the ClassLoader.LoadClass
function, so I can check each class which is loaded in order to list
it's methods (it's okay to check only the loaded classes).

Is that really necessary? Seems to me that you are making it harder
for yourself.

Here is an aspect I wrote It seems to do what you want

public aspect CodeCoverAspect pertypewithin(*){
  private static Set types = new HashSet();
  private Set ms = new HashSet();
  pointcut init() : staticinitialization(*) &&
!staticinitialization(CodeCoverAspect)
&&!staticinitialization(ControlAspect);
  pointcut mexec() : execution(* *(..)) && !within(CodeCoverAspect) &&
!within(ControlAspect);

  declare soft : ClassNotFoundException : within(CodeCoverAspect);
  declare soft : NoSuchMethodException : within(CodeCoverAspect);

  after() returning() : init() {
      String typeName = getWithinTypeName();
      Class clazz = Class.forName(typeName);
      Method[] m = clazz.getDeclaredMethods();
      ms.addAll(Arrays.asList(m));
      types.add(typeName);
  }

  before() : mexec() {
      String mName = thisJoinPointStaticPart.getSignature().getName();
      Object[] args = thisJoinPoint.getArgs();
      Class[] types = new Class[args.length];
      for(int i=0;i<args.length;i++){
          types[i] = args[i].getClass();
      }
      Class clazz = thisJoinPointStaticPart.getSignature().getDeclaringType();
      Method m = clazz.getDeclaredMethod(mName, types);
      ms.remove(m);
  }

  void report(){
      Iterator it = ms.iterator();
      while(it.hasNext()) {
          Method m = (Method)it.next();
          if(m.getName().indexOf('$') < 0)
          System.out.println(m.getName() + " in type " +
m.getDeclaringClass().getName() + " does not have code coverage.");
      }
  }

  static Set types(){
      return Collections.unmodifiableSet(types);
  }
}

and another aspect to capture main(...) to do the reporting

public aspect ControlAspect{
    pointcut mains() : execution(public static void *.main(String[]));

    after() returning() : mains() {
        Set types = CodeCoverAspect.types();
        Iterator it = types.iterator();
        while(it.hasNext()){
            try {
              Class clazz = Class.forName((String)it.next());
              if(CodeCoverAspect.hasAspect(clazz)) {
                  CodeCoverAspect cca = CodeCoverAspect.aspectOf(clazz);
                  cca.report();
              }
            }
            catch(ClassNotFoundException ex){