RE: [aspectj-users] Xlint:adviceHasNotBeenApplied crossref

Er, I think that should have been, Xlint:adviceDidNotMatch...  I know there's a message that indicates that there's a join point X that you might think matches an advice Y, but it doesn't, so you get a warning at Y (see also X).  I never see the X.

Josh

-----Original Message-----
From: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bhaskar Maddala
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2007 4:38 PM
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aspectj-users] Xlint:adviceHasNotBeenApplied crossref

>>> I only get the line where the advice is, which is only half the story;

That actually is the entire story, the advice is not being applied,
anywhere. If the weaver knew where to apply the advice, it would and
you would not receive adviceHasNotBeenApplied.

If you wish you can post the pointcut definition and a small piece of
code where you expect the advice to be applied and then may be someone
could help you.

Thanks
Bhaskar