[aspectj-users] Annotation Type Pattern in aop.xml weaver includes

Hi,It would appear that the weaver "include within=" specification behaves different for annotation type patterns than within the pointcut specification.I cannot seem to instruct the weaver to include classes which have a @X annotation possibly derived from a parent class or implemented interface. The following for those classes tagged with @X.<weaver>   <include within="@X *.*"/></weaver>but the following does not work for subclasses of annotated classes.<weaver>   <include within="(@X *.*)+"/></weaver>I would have expected this to work very similar to the way interfaces are defined with the weaver section. The + notation does work for a point cut specification.
Is this a bug? Is it meant to work? Any possible workarounds other than within="*".
kind regards,William

Back to the top