[aspectj-users] Declare annotation question

Hi,

I've started converting our various aspects to the annotation style of development so that we can use the ordinary java compiler and then weave at runtime. This way our build process doesn't need to change and since we are new to aspectj, very comforting for everyone.

However I seem to have hit on a snag when it comes to declaring our @Tracing annotation, since the @DeclareAnnotaion equivalent doesn't seem to work, and reading the documentation confirms this. Is there some workaround that I can use no matter how dirty?

A little more background to what I am trying to do: I would like to create a number of different tracing profile aspect that declare the tracing annotations in different combinations, so that we can choose which one gets woven by modifying a deployment aop.xml file, here are a couple of examples:

//  I have example pojos called Pojo1.java, Pojo2.java etc for this test case

public aspect FullPojoTracing {
        declare @type : Pojo* : @Tracing(loggerName = "FullPojoTracing");

        declare @field : * Pojo*.* : @Tracing;

        declare @constructor : Pojo*.new(..) : @Tracing;