Re: [aspectj-users] Modifying the name of a class

Eric Bodden wrote:
This is usually done by just using a second class loader. Each class
loader virtually lives in its own namespace. There's not need to do
any renaming.
That's right but I encountered another problem: the security manager does not allow my class loader to load classes that reside in "java." package and this security policy can't be overridden for security reasons of course :), so I guess I still need to change the package name of the class.

Apart from that I'd say "don't try this at home!" ;-)
Well I tried to do it when I was at work now, not at home :). Not that I am doing anything too dodgy though, all my application does is generate code for another project and since my app is implemented in Java5 and this other project has to keep compatibility with Java1.4, I need to have a separate set of classes as mentioned before.

Anyway, sorry I didn't mean to go off topic.I think I am looking at the wrong technology, may be I'll get better luck by looking at bytecode manipulation tools like BCEL instead.

Hendrik

Back to the top