Re: [aspectj-users] Modifying the name of a class

Dean Wampler wrote:
I'm pretty sure the answer is no. I'm curious what "use case" you have in mind?

dean
Thanks for the response Dean,

Simply saying, basically I would like to be able to load jdk classes from a different version of Java from the one I am using to run my application. For example: I run my application using Java5 and in the application I would like to load classes from Java1.4 JRE jar. I am not trying to replace Java5 classes with Java1.4 ones, but instead, want to use these two sets of classes independently, therefore in order to avoid problems (such as name conflicts and security manager restrictions) I have to rename the Java1.4 classes.

Cheers,

Hendrik