[aspectj-users] pointcuts automatically matching joinpoints in subclasses?

Hi all,

if I specify a simple pointcut as follows:

before call Object myClass.myMethod(Object)

this will obviously match calls to the exact method

Object myMethod(Object)
as defined in myClass

However, I suspect it will not match other methods named "myMethod", defined
in super- or subclasses of myClass. Is this correct? If so, what's the
rationale behind this?

Also, what about a method with more/less specific parameter types?
e.g.

Object myMethod(String)
defined in myClass

or

String myMethod(Object)
defined in myClass

Is all this well-defined? Are there good reasons for choosing exactly the
current way of behaviour?

Thanks,

Hans

--
A liberal is a person whose interests aren't at stake at the moment
  -- Willis Player

Hans Schippers
Research Assistant of the Research Foundation - Flanders (FWO - Vlaanderen)
http://www.win.ua.ac.be/~hschipp/
Formal Techniques in Software Engineering (FoTS)
University of Antwerp
Middelheimlaan 1
2020 Antwerpen - Belgium
Phone: +32 3 265 38 71