Re: [aspectj-users] looking for a "magic" pointcut for ...

You could probably build one on your own via testing a weak reference
in an if-pointcut. However, you would need to poll this reference over
and over again. I don't think there's any way to have the garbage
collector call you when an object is GC'ed. Having said that, you
*could* probably attach an advice to the finalize() method, but as the
documentation says, finalizers are not guaranteed to be run, or if
they are run you get no guarantee about when or in which order. They
may even run in parallel, if I remember correctly.

Eric