Re: [aspectj-users] Use of the keyword THIS to access the name of theclass for which the aspect is executing

Here's the "aspect docs" page:

http://www.eclipse.org/aspectj/doc/next/runtime-api/index.html

On Oct 31, 2007, at 9:53 AM, Jubin Zawar wrote:

Hi Bora,

thanks for your help - do you happen to know which import statement I
have to include to make use of thisJoinPointStaticPart ? I do not find
it.

Kind regards and thanks,

Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bora Erbas
Sent: Mittwoch, 31. Oktober 2007 13:36
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aspectj-users] Use of the keyword THIS to access the name
of theclass for which the aspect is executing

Check out thisJoinPointStaticPart.getClass().

Regards,
Bora.

On 10/31/07, Jubin Zawar <Jubin.Zawar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I am verifying preconditions using AspectJ.

For this I create an aspect called PrePostConditions, it includes an
around() advice for a service class. Whenever a method of this class
is
invoked, the Aspect comes into play.

Now - for a ceratin reason - I have to have access to the class' name
within
the Aspect.

However, when using the "this" keyword, it refers to the aspect and
not the
class that the class advises to.

How can I et access to the class' name or a reference to class for
which the
advice executes ?

Kind regards,

Jay

Dean Wampler, Ph.D.
dean at objectmentor.com
http://www.objectmentor.com
See also:
http://www.aspectprogramming.com  AOP advocacy site
http://aquarium.rubyforge.org     AOP for Ruby
http://www.contract4j.org         Design by Contract for Java5

I want my tombstone to say:
  Unknown Application Error in Dean Wampler.exe.
  Application Terminated.
      [Okay]        [Cancel]

Back to the top