Re: [aspectj-users] Please help getting started - load time weaving (LTW) doesn't work

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 22:02:49 -0500
> Von: Dean Wampler <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> An: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Betreff: Re: [aspectj-users] Please help getting started - load time weaving	(LTW) doesn\'t work

> Based on a quick reading, here are a couple of suggestions:
>
> 1) Try compiling everything together with ajc, so you don't mess with
> configuring the aspect, weaving, etc. Does it work then? If so, there
> is something wrong in the LTW configuration that isn't apparent to me.
Quoting myself (from my "Addendum"):
"If the to-be-weaved classes (Test, MyEntity) are available to the AspectJ compiler, it seems to work;"
so yes, it does work then, but I need LTW to work

> 2) You probably don't want around advice. Without a "proceed()" call
> in the advice, the original join point is never executed. Either
> before or after advice is probably all you want here. Well, except
> for how you're using the advice for the "getField" pointcut.

Well, that's exactly what I want... as said, I only tried with the method pointcut/advice b/c the "getField" one didn't work at all and I wanted to see if a "simpler one" would work (maybe I got the pointcut wrong etc.) - as said, it doesn't work with LTW, only when compiling everything together with ajc... which is not an option.

> 3) Are your other classes in the classpath seen by java when you
> start the app? (It sounds like the answer is "yes", based on the
> weaver output.)
Yep, definitely, they see each other and everything works... except AspectJ LTW.
I chose AspectJ b/c it seems to be much more popular but I must say, I needed only two hours or so to get a working JBossAOP field interceptor.
Still, if possible, I'd like to use AspectJ but I'd need to get LTW working :-(

> dean

Thanks for trying to help me & kind regards,

Messi