From: "Mallik" <malli345@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Martin Görg" <nimoth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 5:10 PM
Subject: Re: [aspectj-users] Why declare warning: is not working?

HI Peek,
That's what i am not getting.
i am using eclipse IDE, when i run the application, it is not showing any compile time error, just running normally.
Is this with IDE or any?
and how to just compile in eclipse ide.

regards
Mallik Avula

Gijs Peek <gijs.peek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't know what you mean with 'is not working' as you didn't tell what you
thought it should do, but I think your pointcut is working fine. If I create
the following aspect and class:
aspect SysAccess {
pointcut sysAccess(): get(* System.out);

declare warning: sysAccess():
"Access Denied";
}

class HelloWorld {
System.out.println("Hello, world!");
}
}
and compile them (ajc SysAccess.aj HelloWorld.java) it will neatly generate a
compiler warning, because my HelloWorld class tries to access the System.out
field.

cheers,
- Gijs

On Wednesday 10 October 2007 07:42:42 Mallik wrote:
> HI i am very new to AspectJ and to this mailing list.
> i am trying some examples, but declare warning is not working.
> this is my code:
> pointcut sysAccess(): get(* System.out);

> declare warning: sysAccess():
> "Access Denied";
> why it is not working?
> can anybody explain?

> regards
> Mallik Avul

Your job is being a professor and researcher: That's one hell of a good excuse
for some of the brain-damages of minix.
-- Linus Torvalds to Andrew Tanenbaum