Re: [aspectj-users] Why declare warning: is not working?

If your eclipse project is properly set-up, eclipse should show the warning
(both in the problems tab and as a warning symbol on the left of the
System.out.println line) . The code will indeed still compile and run
normally as you declared a warning, not an error.

cheers,
 - Gijs

On Wednesday 10 October 2007 11:10:18 Mallik wrote:
> HI Peek,
> That's what i am not getting.
> i am using eclipse IDE, when i run the application, it is not showing any
> compile time error, just running normally. Is this with IDE or any?
> and how to just compile in eclipse ide.
>
> regards
> Mallik Avula
>
> Gijs Peek <gijs.peek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: I don't know what you mean with 'is
> not working' as you didn't tell what you thought it should do, but I think
> your pointcut is working fine. If I create the following aspect and class:
> aspect SysAccess {
>         pointcut sysAccess(): get(* System.out);
>
>     declare warning: sysAccess():
>         "Access Denied";
> }
>
> class HelloWorld {
>         public static void main(String[] args) {
>                 System.out.println("Hello, world!");
>         }
> }
> and compile them (ajc SysAccess.aj HelloWorld.java) it will neatly generate
> a compiler warning, because my HelloWorld class tries to access the
> System.out field.
>
> cheers,
>  - Gijs
>
> On Wednesday 10 October 2007 07:42:42 Mallik wrote:
> > HI i am very new to AspectJ and to this mailing list.
> > i am trying some examples, but declare warning is not working.
> > this is my code:
> > pointcut sysAccess(): get(* System.out);
> >
> >     declare warning: sysAccess():
> >         "Access Denied";
> > why it is not working?
> > can anybody explain?
> >
> > regards
> > Mallik Avul

Scotty:	Captain, we din' can reference it!
Kirk:	Analysis, Mr. Spock?
Spock:	Captain, it doesn't appear in the symbol table.
Kirk:	Then it's of external origin?
Spock:	Affirmative.
Kirk:	Mr. Sulu, go to pass two.
Sulu:	Aye aye, sir, going to pass two.