[aspectj-users] AspectJ plans: 1.5.4 and 1.6

Hi,

After a period of time when the project had limited resources, we are
now back to having people working full time on AspectJ.  The short
term plans are to produce a 1.5.4 release, the slightly longer term
plans are for 1.6.0.

AspectJ 1.5.4 - will include anything we can fix relatively quickly,
as the target for this release is 4Q07

AspectJ 1.6.0 - will be the Java6 supporting release of AspectJ.  We
will be producing milestone releases of this and development will
proceed in parallel with 1.5.4 to hopefully produce an initial
milestone build relatively quickly.

I will put up more detailed project plans on the website when I get a chance.

The primary thing we need the users to do is let us know what they
desperately need fixing or looking into?  I have activated bug voting
on the AspectJ bugzilla reports and bugzilla users have 5 votes they
can use to express how desperately they need particular things fixing.
 Please don't waste all 5 votes on 'java 6' support, as we know we
need to do that and it will be done as quickly as possible.  Instead,
use your votes to help us prioritise what needs fixing for 1.5.4.

thanks,
Andy.
---
Andy Clement